blogger hit counter

Friday, January 29, 2010

Blood is thicker than water

If there's one truth of life that comes in the top ten it is this. Well mostly.

I might've think that I had the worst ever quarrel with my wife or my mother or my sister. But after we have cooled down, we get back together. Not because we have to. But, because we feel it our right to open discussion lines with them, because we don't feel ashamed in saying sorry to them, because we know they won't bitch about us outside of the circle. I don't restrain myself from approaching my mother when she's not talking to me because it's my right. I know I will talk to her freely again.

Moral of the story? It is too late in the night and I must stop thinking :)

1 comment:

Rachna said...

I think it is not about blood or water. It all boils down to caring. If a person is important for you, you will make an effort to make amends. If you think situations if left alone amend themselves, that never happens. Tensions will simmer and go under the surface but not away. The moral of the story according to me is introspect and know that every person close to you deserves love, compassion, respect and a sorry and a hug when they are suffering even if it is not your doing.